Scope of position:
A scientist at HUB is responsible for preparing and executing both straightforward and complex lab experiments described in standard operation procedures (SOP), Lab Manuals (LM) and Study Protocols (SP) for HUB’s internal and external projects. As a scientist at HUB, you will be working independently in the lab, provides scientific and technical feedback for existing and new projects assigned to his/her department and can be assigned as Project Leader to manage the work of the laboratory Team, while participating in other projects. This position allows you to drive state of the art research with the aim to develop innovative diagnostic tools using Organoid Technology.
HUB is seeking a highly motivated scientist with a strong background to undertake research in tumour immunology. Candidate will design organoid-immune cell co-culture assays dedicated to understanding molecular mechanisms of robust anti-tumour responses and to evaluate novel immunotherapeutic strategies utilizing organoids.
As a Scientist at HUB, you will be working in a dynamic culture with the top researchers and entrepreneurs in the field of organoid technology. You will interact with external parties and present novel findings at international scientific meetings.
- PhD degree in the field of Immunology plus either a minimum of 2 years postdoc work experience (in a different lab than the lab in which the PhD was completed) or 2 years of relevant work experience
- You have excellent communication and interpersonal skills with deep intellectual curiosity and can take the lead to coordinate activities within a research team
- The ideal candidate has a proven track record in tumour immunology
- Research background in one or more of the following areas is preferred:
- Comprehensive knowledge in (human) tissue culture
- Expertise in immune cell isolation techniques and experience with primary cell culture techniques
- Experience in running immune cell-based assays
- Demonstrable experience in microscopy and cell imaging science
What we offer
- A one year contract, with outlook on a permanent position
- An excellent competitive market-based salary based on 40 hours per week
- An additional 8% holiday allowance and year-end bonus
- 30,5 leave days plus national holidays (pro rata)
- A solid retirement plan with 2/3 contribution paid by HUB.
- An inspiring international working environment with professional and committed colleagues
- Genuinely meaningful work as part of a company with unwavering commitment to apply its Organoid Technology globally for the benefit of the patients.
- A unique opportunity to be part of further development and implementation of this innovative technology with career possibilities
Are you interested and do you recognize yourself in this profile? Please send us your resume and cover letter in English.