Do you get energy from making IT run smoothly? Do you want to improve our business and life of our employees by getting the most out of our IT? Then we are looking for you! We are currently seeking a highly motivated IT Engineer to improve the operational efficiency of our IT department.
Scope of position:
In this stand-alone role you are responsible for managing HUB’s IT systems and infrastructure, including hardware, software, networks, and servers. You are an expert in troubleshooting, configuring, and maintaining IT systems, as well as providing technical support to end-users. Together with internal and external stakeholders, you will determine new hardware/software needs (cloud based), supervise the implementation and own the maintenance of the required solutions/IT architecture. In addition, you will periodically run tests to verify components of the system are functioning as expected and at maximum efficiency. You will work closely with research associates, Data Protection Officer, bioinformaticians and data managers to define proper data management policies and ensure adherence to these policies.
What will you do?
- Oversee daily operations of hardware, software, (cloud) network and server infrastructure: test, troubleshoot and adjust information systems to operate effectively.
- Provide technical support to end-users, including resolving user issues and providing training when needed.
- Support scientific research and development activities by owning back-end and workflows for e.g. in electronic lab notebooks (ELN), and data management systems.
- Evaluate risk of data handling. Develop and manage contingencies, policies and activities to mitigate the risk.
- Responsible for data security, network access and backup systems incl. scientific data.
- Own hardware management, assess software used and make suggestions for improvement.
- Maintain and monitor IT systems to ensure optimal performance, including servers, networks, and storage systems.
- Align IT infrastructure with current and future business requirements.
- Develop company IT policies including relevant regulations and quality standards to ensure system reliability and security.
- Develop and implement IT best practices for HUB.
What will you bring?
- Understand software and hardware systems, cloud networks and database management.
- Experience with cloud computing and virtualization technologies will be a plus.
- Are comfortable interacting with people of all levels and enjoy helping employees by using our IT solutions.
- Are able to implement hardware/software solutions on your own.
- Have an analytical mind and eye for detail.
- Can manage several projects, including system updates, migrations and outages while retaining quality and timelines.
- Pro-actively propose revisions to SOP’s and suggest process improvements.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Have a BSc/MSc in computer science, technology or related field.
- Have 3-5 years of relevant experience.
- Are proficient in English.
- As a plus, you are familiar with regulatory requirements in biotechnology or life sciences, such as ISO27001, HIPAA, GLP, and GMP, is a plus.
- As a plus you have Linux or Microsoft certifications.
What we offer and who we are:
- Competitive salary with attractive benefits like 30,5 leave days plus national holidays.
- Pension Plan with 2/3 contribution paid by HUB.
- International work environment in a multi-cultural team.
- HUB is an open and energetic organisation, where a multi-cultural team is passionate to refine organoid development and foster organoid adoption globally. Our technology brings a ‘patient in the lab’ by developing little organs to develop and test drug and other treatment.
- We’re a fast-growing, world leading biotech company in organoid technology.
Please send your cover letter and resume, in English to; firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to hearing from you!