Are you looking for a second or third step in your IT career? Do you get energy from making IT run smoothly? Then we are looking for you! We are currently seeking a highly motivated part-time IT Engineer for 3 days/week to improve the operational efficiency of our IT department.
Scope of position:
In this stand-alone role you are responsible for the smooth running of our computer systems, including management of the existing network and server infrastructure, as well as the implementation of new IT architecture. Duties include the security of our computer systems and electronic data; development and implementation of customised systems. Together with internal and external stakeholders, you will determine new hardware/software needs, supervise the implementation and own the maintenance of the required solutions. In addition, you will periodically run tests to verify components of the system are functioning as expected and at maximum efficiency. You will work closely with research associates, Data Protection Officer, bioinformaticians and data managers to define proper data management policies and ensure adherence to these policies.
What will you do?
Oversee daily operations of hardware, software, network and server infrastructure: test, troubleshoot and adjust information systems to operate effectively.
- Evaluate risk of data handling. Develop and manage contingencies, policies and activities to mitigate the risk.
- Responsible for data security, network access and backup systems .
- Own hardware management, assess software used and make suggestions for improvement.
- Ensure maintenance of the implemented systems.
- Align IT infrastructure with current and future business requirements.
- Develop company IT policies including relevant regulations and quality standards.
- Develop and implement IT best practices for HUB.
What will you bring?
- You understand software and hardware systems, especially database storage and malware.
- Have knowledge of data governance.
- Are comfortable interacting with people of all levels and enjoy helping employees be better at what they with your IT solutions.
- Are able to implement hardware/software solutions on your own.
- Have knowledge of performance reports of operating systems. have an analytical mind and eye for detail.
- Can manage several projects, including system updates, migrations and outages while retaining quality and timelines.
- Pro-actively propose revisions to SOP’s and suggest process improvements.
- Have a BSc/MSc in computer science, technology or related field.
- Have 3-5 years of relevant experience.
- Are proficient in English.
- Linux or Microsoft certifications are a plus.
What we offer and who we are:
- Competitive salary with attractive benefits like 30,5 leave days plus national holidays.
- Pension Plan with 2/3 contribution paid by HUB.
- International work environment in a multi-cultural team.
- HUB is an open and energetic organisation, where a multi-cultural team is passionate to refine organoid development and foster organoid adoption globally. Our technology brings a ‘patient in the lab’ by developing little organs to develop and test drug and other treatment. We’re a fast-growing, world leading biotech company in organoid technology.
Please send us your cover letter and resume, in English
We look forward to hearing from you!