Do you want to be at the forefront of new technologies for drug development? Are you looking for a commercial challenge in the field of disease modelling with organoids? Use your (people) management skills to develop your team and bring disease and toxicology models to the next level? Then we are looking for you! We are currently seeking a Head of Disease and Toxicology Models (DTM) Department.
Scope of position:
As Head of DTM, you lead a team of scientists and research associates to develop Organoid Technology and perform projects to support preclinical drug developments in different disease areas. You interact with our global partners in the pharmaceutical/biotech industry and apply state-of-the-art research to develop innovative applications for Organoid Technology to improve our partners’ drug development and accelerate the development of new patient treatment.
What will you do? You
- build, lead, coach, and develop a team of (senior) researchers by using your strong people skills to effectively manage and grow your team to unlock their full potential.
- encourage commercial thinking within your team and spot cross-sell/upsell opportunities.
- use your creativity to meet customer needs/requirements within the capabilities of HUB.
- may be involved in customer escalations.
- develop and execute your department strategy.
- own the department budget.
- manage resources pro-actively based on the forecast to improve productivity and reduce costs.
- ensure high levels of flexibility, efficiency, productivity, and customer satisfaction for the projects run in the department.
- foster innovation in new methodologies in your department that will become standardised assays for the market.
- work in close cooperation with managers of the other departments to develop new business opportunities to model different type of diseases using organoid technology.
- are involved in providing scientific and technical support, through your team, to generate projects together with the Business Development and Sales department.
- contribute to the development and growth of our commercial organization.
- represent HUB at external events, such as conferences, network consortiums.
What will you bring?
Your conceptual skills make that you can easily understand, develop, and troubleshoot research projects together with subject-matter expert team members. At the same time, you have a pragmatic approach which helps drive our customer projects to success, managing multiple priorities and being adaptable. You have exceptional problem-solving skills and work collaboratively in a high paced environment. Your commercial thinking and background make that you understand our customer needs and know what is necessary to retain them. You communicate direct and clearly with the various stakeholders internally and externally but are flexible enough to adjust your approach where needed.
You see the potential in your team and are excited to bring out the best in them as a team. You hold a PhD in the field of Life Science, have at least 2 years’ experience managing people and have a minimum of 3 years of work experience in a commercial environment, preferably in a CRO. Previous experience working with organoids and/or complex cell cultures is a great plus.
What we offer and who we are:
- Competitive salary with attractive benefits such as 30,5 leave days plus national holidays.
- Pension Plan with 2/3 contribution paid by HUB.
- HUB is an open and energetic organisation, where a multi-cultural team is passionate to refine organoid development and foster organoid adoption globally. Our technology brings a ‘patient in the lab’ by utilizing patient-derived organoids to develop and test drug and other treatment. We’re a fast-growing, world leading biotech company in Organoid Technology.
Please send your cover letter and resume, in English to; firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to hearing from you!