The Translational Research Coordinator/Research Nurse is responsible for patient selection and inclusion in organoid studies and for coordinating the acquisition of clinical data associated with enrolled patients. They facilitate translational scientific research by planning the collection of tissues from patients in coordination with the pathologist, ensuring adequate administration of the entire process, as well as linking patient tissue to associated clinical data, which will be included in the database.
The Translational Research Coordinator/Research Nurse will be involved in several research projects which concern collaborations with clinicians and researchers from several departments within the UMCU, HUB, and the Hubrecht Institute. In addition, they will monitor the progress of the studies by reporting at multidisciplinary meetings with the study team and will work with with the manager, chairman of U-PORT (Prof. Dr. O. Kranenburg) to ensure objectives, progress, and quality are guaranteed.
To qualify for this role you will be:
- A motivated and proactive person with a completed HBO education in medicine, nursing or molecular biology
- Someone who is able to work independently and accurately and has excellent communication skills
- An experienced individual with medical ethical review protocols, inclusion of patients in research studies and database management is an advantage
- Fluent in spoken and written Dutch language and familiar with professional English
Who we are
We are an international company focusing on innovative research. HUB Organoids (HUB) was founded by the Hubrecht Institute, the University Medical Center Utrecht, and the Royal Netherlands Academy of Arts and Sciences (KNAW) to refine organoid development and foster organoid adoption globally. We work according to Standard Operating Procedures and work regulations and in accordance with national (WMO), international (ICH Good Clinical Practice) guidelines.
What we offer
- A limited contract of one year at HUB, with outlook on a permanent position
- Market based salary per month
- Attractive benefit package, including 30,5 leave days plus national holidays (pro-rata)
- Pension plan with 2/3 contribution paid by HUB