You will work as part of a team within the Screening Applications department. In this position you will be responsible for culturing of 3D organoids derived from various tissues such as colon and bladder. In addition you will support other tasks such as performing quality checks on organoids, preparing documentation and maintaining/cleaning the lab and equipment.
You will be trained to support organoid experiments to assess the patients organoid response to drug treatments in the context of oncology and other genetic and inflammatory diseases. These assays involve read-outs relying on imaging and/or luminescence. Additional activities will include PCR, histology and western blotting.
As a Research Associate at HUB you are part of our new ‘Screening Applications’ department within the ‘Applied Organoid Technology’ division. In your role you support commercial projects on behalf of the pharmaceutical and biotech industry. You work together with various scientists and research staff in a project team. Within this position you are responsible for culturing 3D organoids from different tissues such as the intestine and bladder. In addition, you support with other tasks such as performing quality checks on the organoids, documentation and maintenance/cleaning of the lab and equipment.
- Report to the Head of the Department and work in an ambitious and collaborative laboratory team
- Contribute to HUB internal and commercial projects by preparing and executing experiments in the lab following standard operating procedures (SOPs) and Lab Manuals (LMs)
- Prioritize activities in line with the project deadlines and milestones of commercial service and research projects
- Master communication skills to report experiments’ results (both in writing and verbally) and master presentation skills for (predominantly) internal meetings
- Be involved in primary tissue handling and organoid generation
- Bachelor (HLO) degree in Life Sciences, preferably with a minimum of 2 years relevant work experience in biotech
- Experience with cell culture, preferably with 3D cultures
- Preference will be given to candidates with experience in any of the above techniques, preferably histology
- HUB seeks a team player who is quality oriented, accurate, and with a strong drive for integrity
- Fluency in English
What we offer:
- A one year contract at HUB, with the outlook on a permanent position
- Market based salary
- Attractive benefits such as 30,5 leave days plus national holidays (pro-rata) and
- Pension Plan with 2/3 contribution paid by HUB.
Are you interested and do you recognize yourself in this profile? Please submit your application including your resume and a cover letter in English